Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2012

31st October

I am still thinking through the result of Lexus vet visit. I was surprised it was his hip I really was not expecting that and I think it is quite worrying. I wish now i had asked more questions, but I am sure I can still do that. Also there are a number of options we can try, the first being x rays to confirm what is going on, or alternative treatments like joint supplements or seeing a chiropractor.  I want to reassure his fan club we will do whatever is needed to keep him moving for as long as possible. Though I do draw the line at a visit to our  'local' Bionic Vet to have him fitted with wheels!
He is actually getting around fine and very fast despite the fact all is obviously not right. He carries his leg at times, I walked him today for the first time since it happened and he thoroughly enjoyed it charging about as if nothing was wrong.

There is life in the old dog yet!



Here is Reuben/Harley with Deb's grandson.

Plenty to be cheerful about.

It looks as if Boycie will be staying in his new home. Chris says he has become one of the family and they have all fallen in love with him. He so deserves it, what a wonderful result.

I saw Chloe today and her mange looked so much better with all her hair growing back. I will see her properly tomorrow (she is due another treatment.) She is very settled and loved in her home.



Val and Stuart and five dogs are still having a wonderful holiday. We have photographic proof of the sleeping arrangements! I must admit it looks cosy I could climb in there now!






Please see Gareth's comment Monty's Blog 30th October :-

A Stafford working as a police sniffer dog! About time! I am sure they make excellent police dogs lets hope they take on more. Do you have any more information on this Gareth?

I have always said Angel would make a good working dog. Give her chance to channel all that intelligence.
I put her forward for a behaviourist practise who were looking for dogs with fear aggression to video consultations, but  sadly they thought we were too far away which was disappointing.

2 comments:

  1. The Avon and Somerset police officer so taken with Staffy potential is PC Lee Webb - and the Constabulary ask for feedback on their website. Step forward Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Avon and Somerset website have a downloadable form for anyone offering a dog for their dog unit at Bower Ashton.

    ReplyDelete