Pages

Friday 19 October 2012

19th October

Today was dismal!
It started from the moment I woke thinking something must be wrong it was so dark, through having domestic anxiety so that I was late arriving at Pets At Home, which turned out to be the worst day there I can remember, not helped by the missing the charity week mix up and no-one knowing what was going on.

 We took about £10 not even enough to buy the bag of  dog food we needed.
Every decision I made seemed to be the wrong one, the weather, the traffic made every journey tedious and long. When we eventually got dogs out we got soaked to the skin and Jesse upset a lady at Blackheath by jumping up. I finally arrived home after 7pm when it was dark again and came in to ...  a call from a couple interested in Saffy!
A chance for Saffy at last!

Yes, after one of the worst days I can remember, one of the best things I can ever remember happens.
The young couple live a stones throw from my ponies. They have friends with Staffies and want to give a deserving Staffie a home. They are coming to see her tomorrow and I will take her round to them and check the house on Sunday morning.
They are just going to foster to start with and see how they get on. They do work full time so I will pop in and take Saffy for a run at the ponies when they have long days. So after more than two and a half years in rescue Saffy will have her own home.

Miraculously, we now have two dogs going out on Sunday ... and one coming in ... meet Maisie




P.S. Chloe came and helped at P and H and she was a total star behaving beautifully, I could have homed her about ten times!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck to the two - I do hope things work out - particularly for Saffy.

    ReplyDelete