Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

7th May

I love Bank Holidays especially the spring ones, and I have had a lovely time today.
 The weather was not as bad as they threatened and much warmer. I had done all my outside bits by 11 am and the spent the middle part of the day writing.
During the past couple of days I have been working on things that will hopefully find homes for the dogs, despite the obvious importance of this, it often gets left because of the immediate, day to day stuff that makes up our lives.
I have written a piece and sent more photos to the Oldies Club website so that Tara can be featured as Old Dog of the day.
I have produced a poster to put into horsey locations, like feed merchants  for Saffy and Chance,as I think they need horsey homes! I have re-written the About Us section of the website and I hope to write an article for our local magazine called Cranfold Life.
Lets hope it does produce some homes because we desperately need them.
Thank you for your good wishes for Boycie. He is a lovely boy and he does deserve a chance but we are not having an easy time with him. He is such a stressy character and gets so easily wound up. We stopped him being sick in the car and now he is fine but once you stop and he has had his run he then gets in a terrible state when you take the other dogs out, barking incessantly. I give him a marrow bone to chew and that helps a bit.
Yesterday I took him in the morning, he had his run but once back in the car and when I took Angel out off he went. By the time I returned with Angel he had pulled the towel from the top of Chance's crate into his crate which he had broken. Also the farm dogs had come out, I couldn't risk or face opening the back with the other dogs there so I gave it up as a bad job and went home, this time Chance missing out on his run.
I thought this morning would be better as it was quiet, I remembered his bone and gave him his run before everyone else but I was wrong, off he went which makes Angel spin which winds him up even more. He pulled all the cover off Angel's cage I had to go over several times to quiet them.
This is the sort of thing that drives you mad, not only me but my family and anyone affected by it. Even more so because you know the dog is unhappy but it really is not something that can go on indefinitely. The times he comes with me now are very few because he 'kicks off' when I am seeing to the ponies or exercising one of the other dogs.
This is why we are so desperate to get these dogs into homes of their own where they do not have to share the attention

No comments:

Post a Comment