Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2012

29th May

We had a few drops of rain this evening but otherwise it has been yet another beautiful sunny day. There is a wonderful carnival feel in the air with the approaching Jubilee weekend and the Olympic torch relay.
Angel wallowing
We have adorned our Victorian Semi (Eton Cottage) with a large Union Jack and eventually, after some trials, with some bunting. The light was fading when Sara, Sam and I commandeered Dave and a step ladder to do the high bits, a couple walking past quipped,'It's better to do it in daylight!' but we don't care we have done it showing our support and playing our part.

Saffy is all but completely healed. So encouraging to see, her scar is only visible if you look closely, the hair already growing back just twelve days later and I have finally given in and let her play ball., by the time she has her stitches out on Friday it will be a mere formality.



Yesterday I did some shopping in Cranleigh. We called at the butchers and bought three marrow bones one of which was huge, for £1 each. We then called at a small pet shop I have never been in before to get the 'fishy' treats. The shop was crammed with all manner of good things. We chatted to the lady who had 14 dogs, mainly working Springers and Lurchers, telling her about the rescue. She asked how many dogs we had and gave us a treat she said her dogs went mad for, counting them out into a bag for us. It turned out they were chicken feet! And yes, the dogs did love them not sure I felt the same!
Boycie

My daughter has now left college only going back to take her exams, so life is a lot easier for me without the journey to and fro and being 'time tied'.
Chance
I played ball in the sunshine, the heat tempered by a cool breeze, at the ponies this morning  with Angel,Boycie and Chance walking each of them back along the bridleway off lead and no-one came past. Despite the pressure of having so many dogs I feel incredibly privileged to have access to such a beautiful place.

Two messages today regarding a three week, yes, three week old pup. The first was from the mother of the girl who rescued him from a homeless person in the centre of London, the second from her boyfriend.
After conversations with both of them I agreed to take him in tonight.
I spoke to my vet and made up a 'den' like bed, collected some puppy milk and re-arranged my evening.
Then heard the daughter wanted to bring the puppy herself and he would be coming at 9am tomorrow. We will see ... I cannot tell you the number of times I have agreed to take a dog in, going through all the mental preparation and planning only for it not to materialise, leaving you strangely bereft. Yet another of the joys of dog rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment