Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

4th May

Unrepentant and unstoppable!

Just as I was reading your comments on Lexus' terrible behaviour yesterday, I heard Dave remonstrating downstairs ... 'That Dog'  was at it again!  This time he had taken a bag of carrot peelings (saved for the Guinea Pig) and was munching his way through them on the kitchen floor.

An eventful walk with Khan this afternoon. We were down by the river when he suddenly pounced on something, I was hoping it was just a stick. as I went to investigate my feet slipped from under me in the mud and I fell heavily on my side and almost slipped into the river. When I recovered and pulled myself up I saw Khan had a pigeon. It was dead but had obviously only just died so I concluded he had killed it, I then remembered seeing some feathers in the middle of the field. It must have been injured and crawled into the undergrowth where Khan found it and ended its suffering.

We moved as quickly as possible, busting a gut, to follow up the promising Application Of Interest.
They were as good as we had hoped, with lots to offer, not just loving but responsible and experienced too, I thought they would be perfect for Boycie.
 Val did a homecheck.
 BUT   they would like a younger dog.
Boycie deserves a chance.
 We have  risked sounding desperate, because we are, and explained just how hard it is for the dogs in rescue and for us looking after them, knowing we cannot give them all they need.

 They are taking a few days to think it over ... we can but wait and hope.

3 comments:

  1. Phew!!! We did our best Alison not letting the grass grow under our feet. We were up and at em, as the saying goes. We could not have done any more. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets hope they reconsider the charms of Boycie and there is a good outcome - fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for Boycie Alison!! He's still a young pup at heart. Hope he can win them over - he's such a lovely chap and does deserve a chance. Sally & co.x

    ReplyDelete