Pages

Friday 18 May 2012

18th May

Not a good start to Saffy's big day! Dave overslept by an hour making his morning difficult and also meaning he did not have time to walk Khan, so Khan had to make do with down the garden with the others.
I got up to find I had bunged up echoey ears then had one of  my nosebleeds, not serious but a nuisance.
We had to leave for college on time as Jessie had a biology mock.
In the garden this morning before we went.

When I took Saffy out  to the car I noticed she had rolled in something like bird poo yesterday so I hurriedly grabbed some wet wipes from the bathroom.
 Arriving at the vets there was a genteel older lady in reception with a cat in a basket on her lap. As I got Saff out of the car Chance did his loud stressed bark which sounded even louder than usual in a built up area. We exploded into the vets, dear Saff is a bit crazy in these situations, with me clutching the packet of tissues, I then proceeded to wipe her back with one whilst James took my signature for the consent form. He checked I didn't want bloods taken then asked me to circle 'no' next to the question while he held Saff, at this point a lactating Spaniel came out of the surgery with her landed gentry looking owner, I got flustered and circled three different 'no's'! Whilst James hung on to a cavorting Saffy and the packet of wet wipes shot across the floor.
 It was good to know we had all wishes of support for her as it was not exactly what I had imagined.
The cat and Spaniel's owner faces were a picture!

I did not do what I said I would do yesterday but was just heading home for lunch when I realised it was gone 2pm so I rang the vets. Saffy was ready to be picked up so I went straight away.
It was a far calmer experience collecting her than dropping her off in the morning!
Saffy's scar

She has a huge scar as they had to make sure they took a wide margin in case it is nasty and has spread.
She obviously felt rotten from the anesthetic, she had had a pain relief injection and has a course of antibiotics.
Once home I took her down the garden, she very cleverly carries her leg. She came in and went straight to bed. She was shivery and trembly, I really felt for her. I was pleased the heating came on. I had to leave her whilst I picked Jessie up from college and did the ponies for the night.
When we got back she was obviously feeling better and went down the garden and had a sniff and then came in and had something to eat and her antibiotic tablet.
It is frustrating when the other dogs 'kick off' as we want her to have some peace and quiet, she stayed out to greet Dave when he arrived home from work and then took herself off to bed.
She is looking  far more comfortable now.
We have a post op appointment on Monday at 4.40pm when we should have the histology results.

No comments:

Post a Comment