Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

22nd May

Phew it's hot! I know we shouldn't complain but it seems very sudden and very warm, we were freezing only on Sunday.
Felt a little more recovered today but the dog walking felt continuous complicated by the heat.
Saffy is still doing well, she finishes her course of antibiotics tomorrow morning. I have been taking her several short, controlled walks throughout the day. She got very excited when she heard the children playing in the gardens this evening wondering where the sound was coming from and wanting to go and join them. She is using her leg well.
The 'Pink Hair,' has not had such a good day. I went to the bank again and this time told the middle aged lady cashier that I had been sponsored to go pink to which she replied that she hadn't wanted to say anything in case I had had a disaster at the hairdressers! When I said it wasn't permanent she said 'Thank goodness for that.' What a cheek! Wasn't brave enough to tell her I like it!


Also saw a man laughing at me in Godalming, there was no-one else around so no mistake.
Godalming and the bank are nothing compared to going into the village Post Office now that is terrifying! Nothing was said so I just talked about a friend who is in hospital after being injured by her horse.
I am still hiding from my neighbour who told me how nice my hair looked when it was grey ...


Trevor and Maureen with Leah
I mentioned Leah and Maureen and Trevor Pickles coming to the show on Sunday and promised I would tell you more of their story.
They contacted us last year after losing their second rescue Stafford. It is always good when potential homes have not only experience of Staffords but also of rescue Staffords and the procedure of adopting from a rescue. They were a 5 star home!
Sometimes things just work out and this was perfect timing. Leah had only just come on to our books but I could see she was the most suitable of all the dogs we had at the time. Maureen and Trevor are serious caravanners and the first requirement of any dog they had was to fit in with the caravan hols.
Fortunately Leah passed the test not that she has been easy or straightforward in every way.
She does suffer from some fear aggression with other dogs but they have worked hard and she is improving.
Demonstrating 'Down.'
They came especially to see us at the show and it was quite a challenge but she settled down and took part in the  Best Rescue class.
Leah has also been to training classes and passed her bronze citizenship award.
Leah modelling her harness bought from us, not overly impressed!
Despite all the challenges I have to say that I have rarely met dog and owners more suited to each other they seemed perfect. Leah is a lovely girl and Maureen and Trevor a delight.
Thank you Maureen and Trevor for giving Leah a lovely home and working through the challenges.
Thank you for coming all the way to see us on Sunday and for the donation.
It is encouragement like that that keeps us going.

1 comment:

  1. It was lovely to meet Leah on sunday, shes a gorgeous girl and was so patient while I fiddled about with her harness!

    ReplyDelete