Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

30th May

Well I was wrong! The people did bring the puppy and they were lovely, I don't mind admitting I was wrong, no bereft feeling, just goodbye to a full nights sleep for a while and being able to fully relax, in fact just like having a baby, which was exactly what I was doing at this time 20 and 18 years ago respectively, as both my daughters were born in May.

The full story regarding the pup was that the girl was walking across Soho Square where there was a group of homeless persons, one of them approached her with a cardboard box in which were several puppies. He asked her to take one saying they could no longer look after them and that unless she helped they were going to die. She gave him a tenner and took the puppy, and who could blame her.
 Apparently there was a small red Staffie running around she believed to be the mother.


She still lived at home and of course when Mum saw the pup she was not too pleased. Several people recommended us including a chap she works with who happens to be an old friend of ours.
So they brought him down this morning.
He certainly looks about three weeks old, he will see the vet on Friday to confirm and to be wormed.
They named him Max but as we have had a very significant Max we will probably change it.
He has special puppy milk which I am becoming an expert at mixing up.
The girls are fighting over him, Sara fed him before reluctantly leaving for work and rushed home for a cuddle in the evening, whilst Jessie held the fort while I did the ponies.

All this coincided with a rare visit from my mother in law and her friend.
I thought I had better warn her about the tiny pup and my pink hair! Just as well, she seemed equally unimpressed by both.
 Surely the Jubilee decorations would impress, but no, Auntie Lily pointed out we had the Union Jack upside down, signalling distress, she explained how you can tell.
 As soon as they had left Jessie and I turned it round. Phew! Good to know we have the important things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment