Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2012

24th July

I know we shouldn't complain but it's too hot! Especially if you have animals, nightmare trying to get all dogs walked (puppy tired) and keep them cool.
The ponies are being driven mad by horseflies even at six in the evening.
 However, there are some good things, the mud is finally drying up down the garden, the kitchen floor was washed and has remained clean and the dog blankets dried in less than an hour.

Lexus started the day in fine fettle by devouring an entire unopened bag of tripe sticks and another of salmon and potato treats, while I took the puppy down the garden, I had been too tired to put them away the night before.


A lovely surprise today, I was just on my way to the shop to replace the (very cheap) dustpan, puppy had chewed off the rubber strip rendering it useless to pick anything up, when an organic compost lorry parked right across the end of the drive. I was about to shout something when the driver started to shout at me asking if I remembered him. It was none other than Tim who adopted Fawley from us four years ago.

 He was delivering an order of compost to my neighbour.

Fawley travels with him the cab. When I did his follow up I asked how Fawley was when he was left, to which he replied, he didn't know because he never left him.
 What a lucky dog.



The Olympic Torch was carried past Dave's place of work today and yesterday a Battersea Staffie helped carry it. I am sorry I don't know who the human was.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice to hear about a successful rehome - well done to Tim and Fawley! I can tell you're not really a football follower Alison - Man with Battersea Staffie is actually England legend Michael Owen! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2177729/London-2012-Olympics-Michael-Owen-Battersea-Dogs-Home.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fawley is a lucky boy. I've seen him in the cab and also trotting about at the compost centre.

    ReplyDelete