Pages

Monday 23 July 2012

23rd July

Still the phone calls and emails. One rang at 6.30pm on Sunday saying she needed some advice, she told me she had two Staffies and had just had a baby, the advice she was after was how did she go about getting us to take in her dog! I did my usual speech, she sounded most put out and asked if I knew of anywhere else, when I said no she all but slammed the phone down.
Another message, looking after a friend's dog and couldn't keep it, an email, started a new job and did not have time for dog anymore!
As well as that I have heard from two boarding kennels today. One had had a dog dumped, booked in for a week, paid the deposit, gave false details and never came back.
The kennel owner said he had done a bit of rescue quite successfully but this one, a dog aggressive Staffie, had defeated him ... welcome to my world!
The other from a girl who manages a large kennels, I knew her when she was dog warden for one of the councils. This dog had been in kennels since November whilst his owner desperately tried to pay for him until he was in a position to take him back  having split from his partner, or until he found a rescue place for him.
He became further and further behind with payments and she had had him sign the dog over to her. She was horrified when she heard from me how bad it was, this dog also was not good with other dogs.

And so it continues ...

David and Pat Bennet have now agreed to take Angel whilst we are away, this at great personal cost to them, we are very grateful.
Val is somehow going to squeeze Tara in with her pack.
Chance has a place booked in kennels but hopefully will stay in his new home.
That just leaves Saffy and Boycie  to go into kennels unless they get a better offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment