Pages

Thursday 5 July 2012

4th July

I am very sorry to have to tell you that the people who were going to foster Boycie have decided against it.
Saying they had under- estimated their work commitments and felt they would have to leave him for too long.

I found this utterly devastating especially as I did not pick up the message until nearly 5pm and had spent the day getting everything ready.
 This was because the message was left on the landline but as we had been in contact by mobile I never thought to check.

Devastating for me, but as Val says, Boycie is the one to lose out, we had hoped he was going to get a chance but yet again it is not to be.
Poor Boycie has so much going for him but needs to be in a home on his own. With all the other dogs here he gets very stressed and I don't know ho much longer we can allow this situation to continue.

Still reeling from this news and wondering if I would ever recover I had to get ready to go over to my ponies as the farrier was coming.I had to  leave everything as it was as we had been unable to mend the Dyson which ceased to function a week or so ago.
 I took Chance,Saffy, Tara and the pup.
Sam and Jesse at the RSPCA show
I had to get some money from the cashpoint outside Sainsburys first.

When I arrived at the ponies Paul farrier had already started on my landlady's horse. I explained my downcast face then got Jesse out.
 Paul Farrier is a discerning dog man owning several of his own and finding most of the people I deal with through rescue slightly ridiculous, so a good person to restore perspective!
He and Jesse took to one another immediately,with Jesse hanging from hisFarriers leather apron!

After a while Paul asked me if I realised I had more holes in the back of my T-shirt than I did shirt!
Oh dear! I had forgotten I was wearing my old, worn out shirt,vowed only to be worn on cold days and had drawn money from the cashpoint , wearing it loud and proud!
Somehow this cheered me up.

Jesse met Sooty the cat who cuffed him and who was twice the size of the pup, another good experience.

Once home Dave had picked up supper as it was village chip van night and was putting a few final adjustments to the Dyson which Jessie (daughter not pup) had worked tirelessly to unblock.
Maybe Boycie will get another chance?
Lo and behold it worked! Such a small thing but tremendously satisfying.
 We had everything back in place and spick and span in no time!

With the support of my family and you guys suddenly everything didn't seem quite so bad, the dogs were all settled and quiet, maybe, just maybe, Boycie would get another chance ...

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you (and of course Boycie) have suffered this set-back. Why do people not fully take time to consider the pros and cons of taking on an animal. It's little compensation I know, but one can only be grateful that someone with such little fore-thought and planning decided not to have him anyway. And I really do think these people owed you the courtesy of speaking to you personally about their decision, and not simply leaving a message on an answering machine (which for me, said it all)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, here, Gareth.x

    ReplyDelete