Pages

Friday 13 July 2012

13th July

Having had a good day yesterday, today was not good at all BUT it had nothing to do with dogs!

Chance, Angel and Saffy came with me to the ponies in the morning and all had a short run.
Then home and Steven and I walked Khan,Spryte and Boycie through the corn field (and mud.)

I took Lexus and Tara to the football field, Tara rolled in the wet grass and Lexus went off and found a football. He is incredible, the lads should employ him to find all their lost balls, it was a very smart one and he worked himself into a frenzy pushing it around with his nose and just kept barking madly when I tried to take the photos! Eventually I clipped his lead on and Tara and I led him away, his prize remaining in the middle of the field for the lads to reclaim.

As we left a white car pulled in, drove up to the cottage, then reversed and turned around.
Then as we walked back down the road  the same car pulled over and the driver  explained he was thinking of moving to the village with his young family from an area of Guildford he was not happy with and would I recommend the village as a 'nice' place to live? Had I seen 'Yobs,' congregating at the rec? Had I ever felt intimidated?
I really was the wrong person to ask, I explained I used to work with drug addicts and 'Yobs' and any of the 'intimidating' people in the village were probably my friends and I wanted to lecture him on how he couldn't protect his children from the bad things in life by moving to a 'better' area. I really wish he had asked someone else but at least he seemed to have missed the fact I was walking two of those 'dangerous dogs.'

Lunch and a bit of housework, yes, you did hear right, a bit of housework, we need to get the puppy used to the vacuum cleaner!
Then back over to the ponies with the same three as the morning and the pup.
The pup is getting very independent running off to play on his own, taking treasures to chew up under the trailer.Ten weeks on Monday, second vaccination booked for Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. White card driver could well have been a burglar casing the area. It happens

    ReplyDelete