Pages

Monday 23 January 2012

23rd January

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16687487

I am sure we all feel dismayed by this dog attack on the six year old girl.
It has still not been confirmed what breed the dog is despite it having been seized, but it is hardly relevant.
Having seen the area where it happened, an area where it seems reasonable a dog would be off the lead, I personally feel this could happen to any of us. I wonder if we will hear more details and ever understand why the dog attacked.
Meanwhile we will have to continue to be responsible owners and not take any chances, even if it means restricting our dogs for a while.

The anti-bull breed programme is tomorrow night at 10.30pm on BBC 1

I enjoyed walking the two oldies again today. Tara went mad in the woods tucking her tail under her and charging flat out, before executing last second hand brake turns. Lexus tried to ignore her concentrating on eating his Ground Elder (do any other dogs eat Ground Elder?) none of our others do. Every now and again Tara would charge into him, trying to get him to play eventually giving up and tearing up a stick instead!
Mad moment over, they pad home at a more sedate pace befitting their age.

2 comments:

  1. I always, but alwayws, put Monty on the lead when we meet young children. It prevents a child being kocked over by enthusiastic dogs, and, as importantly, demonstrates to the parents that we SBT owners are indeed considerate and responsible beings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Gareth. On my local common have witnessed dogs running up to young children, the child/children obviously frightened of dogs, hiding behind their parent and the owner not calling the dog back or the dog having good re call. I must add that they were not Staffords but other breeds one of which was a Golden Retriever.
    I now avoid walking past the local junior school at the end of the day as I have had children scream at my dogs in fright. Whilst some children have barked and jumped at them, the parents do nothing to deter there children from this practice!!!!! Thankfully mine are pretty bomb proof but I do not want to subject my dogs to this sort of behaviour or upset any child who is frightened of dogs.

    ReplyDelete