Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

26th January

Today I went to see how Jade had settled in her new home.
She went there just under two weeks ago after I had a call from a girl who works with another rescue who said there was an elderly gentleman who came highly recommended, looking for another dog, who said the best dog he ever owned was a Staffordshire x Alsatian.
I arranged to see him taking with me a selection of dogs.
He had an elderly German Rough Coated Pointer female, which rather put me off putting in another female but it soon became obvious the two young males would be too much, so we tried Saffy who was a bit too crazy and growled at the Pointer. Then we tried Jade.
Jade's biggest need was a home where she would not be left. 'Jade just likes to be with you,' I would say. I should know as she has barely left my side for the past two and a half years!
Mr Hammond is very experienced with dogs and his wife who he lost eighteen months ago, was a legendary horsewoman who was part of the British Olympic Dressage team.
He has a live in housekeeper, scores of nieces and nephews and a whole community doing various jobs around the place. One room is bigger than the whole of the downstairs in my house and it has underfloor heating and two acres of well fenced garden.
Despite feeling this was ideal for Jade, two and a half years is a long time and I cried all the way home.

Phone calls revealed she was settling well and everyone was happy.
This morning I saw for myself.
They are delighted with her and as for Jade? Well just look at the pictures....

3 comments:

  1. So lovely that she has found a home after all this time, and such a nice one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luci Langstone-Bolt27 January 2012 at 10:34

    Sad for you but how lovely Jade has her own home now. She will be local to me if Mr Hammond hasn't moved!

    You must also rememeber that it is a great compliment to how you have treated her in how easily she seems to have slotted into her new home..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is fabulous news I am so pleased that Jade has settled in and all seems to be going well. I wish them both all the best for a long and happy future together.

      Two and a half years is a long time and although you are striving for the day when someone comes forward to rehome her I can understand that it must still be a wrench.

      Thank goodness for people like you in rescue who always go that extra mile - and thank you for sharing this happy story.

      Delete