Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

21st January

Feeling very tired tonight so just a short blog with a few new photos I have managed to download from my phone.
Had better mention everyone is drawing attention to an anti bull breed programme being shown on 24th Jan BBC1 at 10.30pm Apparently DogsTrust were to take part with pro Staffy comments but they were dropped from the programme. People are being asked to contact the BBC and complain.

I am not sure I can get too worked up over this. It is unfortunate, especially when we have had some good press lately, but surely intelligent people can make up their own mind about things.
It is my belief and experience that it is the Staffords popularity (albeit with the wrong people) that means too many have been bred and why the pounds and rescues are over-flowing. Public mis-conception of them as a dangerous dog has little effect on re-homing, it just makes for an uncomfortable time when out walking them!

This is a Stafford Val and I saw in a shop in Banstead when we were there on Monday. I am sure you agree they are a great ambassador for the breed!

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely Stafford and in a toy shop at that!
    It was a really lovely day to catch up on things. as always it's the Staffords that catch Alison's and my eye.

    ReplyDelete