Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

20th January

My friend Steven came to help me walk the dogs today, with one thing and another we haven't met for a while.
It was not a very inspiring day weather wise and had one been stuck inside I think it could have been quite depressing.
Getting out I started to spot some signs of spring, with snowdrops out and bulbs coming up I have even seen a couple of Celandines in flower.

We started with Spryte and Khan, Spryte doesn't like the young dogs and ran back when I tried to walk her with Kye yesterday, so we gave her a break and just took her and Khan.
As people with another dog were in front of us where we normally go we went through the gunpowder mills and across the low lying valley fields behind Lockner Farm. We then took a left through Postford Mill and another left which took us into beech woods and along a path neither of us knew, below St Martha's hill and back down to the Gunpowder mills. It was delightful, especially the beech woods which were sheltered from the wind and quiet.
The dogs had a lovely run, and we felt refreshed by discovering somewhere new.

Next we took Chance and Kye and walked up to the big field and round its perimeter whilst they tore along shoulder to shoulder.

Then I took the two oldies Lexus and Tara for longer than usual through the gunpowder mills, we only passed one person and so they were able to potter along off lead for most of it.

I hope the dogs are tired, I certainly am!

No comments:

Post a Comment