Pages

Thursday 9 February 2012

8th February

Well I wasn't expecting that!
I knew it was to be cold overnight but I thought we would have sunshine in the day, instead pleasant meadows had been transformed into a Siberian wasteland, with ground like concrete. A steel grey sky squeezed bits of snow and the bitter wind froze my mind and my body. The dogs didn't want to play ball as the frozen snow hurt their paws and rumours of more snow were rife.


This evening my two younger children had to go to the dentist, meaning the ponies were done late, in the cold and dark and we were late getting home.


I have since checked the forecast maps (fell asleep and missed the actual forecast) and it looks as if it is getting warmer gradually so maybe we will be alright.


Not sure I could face another day like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment