Pages

Monday 20 February 2012

20TH February

It would seem we have another 'follower,' who reads the blog. Someone even more important and influential than Gareth, if that could be.
 I say this because since my heartfelt statement about my marriage on 14TH February, my dear husband Dave, after two and a half years out of work, now has a job! Not only that, he starts tomorrow!
It is not perfect as he has a huge commute to Uxbridge each day but it means he can resume paying to keep the 'roof over our heads,' and also over the heads of the dogs in our care.
Well done Dave!

As way of an explanation, he is still an ordained minister in the Church of England, but this is a part time, self supporting role. He was made redundant from his other job part way through his training for this. This new job is in accountancy.
This will have large implications on our life, most of them positive, but it does mean that walking all the dogs each day is now down to me.

I am sure you will join with me in congratulating him and holding him up as he faces those first day nerves, not to mention the M25 tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and well done Dave, our thoughts are with you. Lexus and Khan will miss those walks with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news!! Well done Dave. What a huge relief after all this time. I can sympathise with how you feel at the moment and no doubt after getting back in the swing of things you will be tired for the first couple of weeks; I know I was.

    Good Luck in the New Job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep a daunting prospect for him. Hope it goes well tomorrow and for the future.

    ReplyDelete