Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

3rd February

It felt a little warmer today with less wind and plenty of sunshine and quite pleasant to be out in, but the tap did not thaw out all day at the ponies, despite a kettle of boiling water being poured on it, so it must be frozen in the ground, which was rock solid.
I have been avidly watching the weather forecasts throughout the day and studying the forecast maps to get the clearest picture of what we are in for. It looks as if, here in the South East, we will have a fine day with some sun with the snow hitting about 10pm, but then snowing all night, well lets see...

Steven and I repeated our newly discovered walk taking Khan and Spryte and Boycie on the extending lead (as I don't fully trust him not to run off.)
It takes about an hour and a half and was as delightful as we remembered it.

Afterwards we replaced the other broken fence panel, though we had to ask Dave to help, they really are very heavy panels.
We had just leant it in position and Steven went to fetch something, when a Robin perched on top of it and sang his heart out. Life doesn't get much better than that.

David Bennet sent me a copy of the article which appeared in the Times and a member of the Forum also alerted me to it. It is very positive. I will share when I can ( just thwarted by the technology for the moment.)

I must confess to being  very flattered by Gareth's comment, blow recognition from Her Majesty, give me praise from a renowned journalist any day! ( Have been trying to keep up the standard) does it show?

No comments:

Post a Comment