Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

2nd February

I have ridden twice in the past two days. Despite owning ponies I myself rarely ride but the last two days, the coldest so far this winter, have seen me in the saddle! Needless to say I can now hardly move and it will take me until at least this time next week to recover!
This is not me (or winter.)
Today was a lesson with my instructor Sarah, we follow a method called 'Ride With Your Mind,' which doesn't describe it at all because it is totally based in the physical.
Seat bones (always pointing down) play a large part along with likening your torso to a 'can of baked beans' and something called your 'bear down,' (crucial to good riding) like a coffee plunger! It is innovative stuff and exhausting. I once spent 45 minutes trying to roll a seat bone forward but keep it equally weighted and slept for two hours afterwards!

Spryte and Riley in snowy woods 2010

The ground now like concrete and snow on the way most riding will be cancelled for the foreseeable future.
Snuggle up with your dogs at night and take them for brisk walks in the day ( far warmer than riding a horse)
The weather men are still uncertain about the timing/amount of snow as the warm damp front collides with the cold air so we shall have to wait and see, meanwhile throw another dog on the bed and batten down the hatches!

No comments:

Post a Comment