Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2012

7th February

I walked into the living room yesterday with Spryte following her walk. Dave was just watching the end of Lassie  Come Home.'
 Lassie had just returned to her home in Scotland having walked all the way from down south. She was in a bad way, lame and exhausted but suddenly struggled up and walked to the door. She wanted to go to the school to collect her young master, Joe. 'We cannot let her go in such a state.' Said Joe's mum. 'We cannot stop her when she has come so far just for this,' said father.
 So Lassie dragged herself through the streets of the town, whilst all the shop owners glanced at the clock, knowing she was on her way to meet young Joe as she had done everyday, before being taken away.

Dave and I watched with lumps in our throats and shameless tears in our eyes.
As the film ended I announced that I had to be off to pick up my boy from school.

Spryte immediately leaped up and refused to stay on the settee with Dave but ran to the back door and when I opened it she ran out to the car and jumped in the back.
She too was insisting on coming to meet her young master from school.

As we drove off I turned to her and said,'You have been watching too many Lassie films Spryte!'

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely story - and what a lovely (and fund-raising) Christmas 2013 card Emma and Dolly would make. I'm sure there are computer-whizs in our community who could produce a trial run.

    ReplyDelete