Pages

Friday 17 December 2010

17th December

Well here we are, a week to go and the snow is back.
People I speak to still seem to think that people buy a puppy for Christmas and throw it out  afterwards hence the "A dog is for life not just for Christmas" phrase. This is certainly not my experience with the Staffies.
For one the problem is all year round and it's always the run up to Christmas that is so bad. People just not wanting the dog there for Christmas along with everything else. Or else they are leaving the country, like someone who contacted us a few weeks ago, who was starting a new job and leaving the country on 22nd December.

Strangely enough we have always homed one or two over the Christmas period.
Riley has gone to his new home today and things are going well so far.
It seems odd without him, though I know he will be far better in a home of his own, it just takes time to adjust.
The two remaining cows, from the ones who gave him so much consternation, have gone too. They were penned up yesterday so I guessed they were waitng to go somewhere. I think these two were healthy and a rare breed so that their future should be bright. I walked Sandy up there in the snow this afternoon and the pens and shed stood empty. I will miss them, they have been there as long as I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment