Pages

Wednesday 8 December 2010

8th december

It's been a day with lots of driving and every journey I was late!
I have eventually managed to turn my ponies out in a decent sized field but because I was late it was done in the half light then dark.
As for the weather, we were promised warmer for tomorrow and indeed the ice has been melting but accompanied by a bitter wind and we are all shivering even indoors tonight.
The reason for my increased driving today is because I did a homecheck on a potential new home. Which I cannot say too much about because nothing definite has been decided. It is however another thing that takes time and because I was doing that some of the dogs did not get as long a walk as they would normally, you cannot do everything.

Now, a not very happy story from the recent bad weather.
Val's daughter was caught in a traffic jam one night last week on the way to Croydon when it was snowing, and she saw four white youths come from the golf course and begin to walk up a busy road with a Staffie puppy in tow no older than twelve weeks. The pup was struggling and kept sitting down and shivering then standing up wagging it's tail and walking on a few paces before sitting down again. To encourage it to walk the boys threw snowballs at it! On seeing this her six year old son, who was with her said, "I wish we could take that puppy and then we could throw snow balls at them".
Due to having her young son with her and the fact that there were four of them she thought it unwise to intervene but has been haunted by it ever since.

Val has asked me to let you know that she has had a reply from Lord Hattersley regarding becoming a patron of Stafford Welfare, or at least from his secretary. He is happy to be a patron though it may be in name only as he may not have time to attend events........so not a bad result, well done Val!

No comments:

Post a Comment