Pages

Thursday 2 December 2010

2nd December


Well, really can't ignore it any longer better call this the "Snow Blog". Do email over your dog/snow pics and I will try and put some on or if you know how and it is possible(don't ask me, I haven't a clue) add them on the comments.

More snow here and everything closed, so, once the ponies were done I had a pretty clear day. I walked all the dogs all day! It was a bit like the Forth Bridge, by the time I had finished everyone it was time to take the first one out again. 
My son and I walked Riley and Sprite, I couldn't remember if I had walked these two together before but Sprite would not play with him as Jade does so he had to settle and get on with the walk. We met friends with Biff, one of the biggest Greyhounds I have ever seen, a rescue, they had a run with him and Riley came away when asked, both dogs were off lead for the majority of the walk.

Between each walk I refuelled with high calorie nosh, during one break Khan and Lexus asked to go out so I took them into the garden. Khan ate poo and then snow! Lexus, looking for his ball managed to fall into the pond (not dangerous, but black and smelly) why do ones own dogs always cause the most trouble?

A big day for Sandy as it is 10 days since her spay so she could go off lead. There were no trains running so I let her off in the field behind our house( I have been working on recall in the garden) She bounded ahead then stopped and looked back to me as if asking for permission then bounded off again disappearing from view! Eventually she came back I crouched down inviting her in and she cannoned into me taking my leg from under me.(Have I mentioned about donations for danger money!) Back on the lead I changed my mind about where to walk and headed up to a path across open fields. On the way I met a friend with her 9 month old Lakeland puppy, she came with me. Off lead Sandy had a really good run but she did go along way ahead twice and seemed oblivious to our calls ,not in Bullseye's league but still a few scary moments. She had a really good run and has been much quieter and calmer in the house eating all her food with no wet food mixed in.Wonderful to give her a real run at last.

I mentioned the other day that Riley liked the snow the most but I am going to change that, it was Sapphire who was absolutely crazy tucking her tail under and scooting about madly!

So at the end of a day where I had lots of happy well walked doggies did I sit down with a warm glow of contentment of a job well done? Well no, during a conversation with my elderly neighbour who was discussing her Christmas present to us, she is very kind and good to us I must point out, she suggested I get rid of all the dogs and work in a supermarket.........I suddenly felt very deflated and very, very weary!
Jade surveying the sand school.                                          Khan
Postscript:- Having thought about things I wanted to say that both my neighbour and my friend's husband are people who do care about me and my family and they do have our best interests at heart, their comments stem from their concern and I have shared with you how they make me feel. Not everyone thinks it is commendable to run a SBT rescue!  Alison

1 comment:

  1. Skyetheflakielakie7 December 2010 at 22:51

    Great snow photos. You missed the bit out about how sweet, friendly, lively and loveable the lakeland terrier was!! Love Skye X

    ReplyDelete