Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2010

1st December

This is Sandi's dog, Kassi, making her nose ball into a snow ball! See comment 30th Nov.

Feel a bit grumpy this evening,I normally enjoy the snow but it just seemed to make everything a lot harder today and I ended up feeling as tired as usual despite the schools being closed.

Sandy has done more ball playing in the garden and more wrecking of the kitchen with the Kong toy. We did however, meet a couple whilst out on our walk and the lady spoke to her resulting in Sandy convulsing in wriggles. So I explained her story, gradually adding that she was not mine but was in fact looking for a good home. They used to have a rescue dog they told me ( which I knew because I remember it) the lady was really very taken with her and asked lots of questions about the rescue as well as about Sandy....so you never know.

Changing the subject, a friend's husband started talking to me after church the other week, asking how many dogs we had at the moment.He is and has been for most of his life a dog owner but only of one dog at a time.
He couldn't understand why I had so many and although, as he kept pointing out he wasn't criticising but it must be an awful strain and was it fair on my husband and family?
It does upset me when this happens and it does happen quite often, because if I was history teacher or librarian I doubt we would be having such a conversation. As people we are, all of us, so different with different standards and views, so why do people feel this is something they can comment on?

Perhaps I should be more like my dear RSPCA friend Pat, when her husband asked her if they had to have quite so many animals she replied,"Yes, I need an interest, if it wasn't the animals it would be other men!" He walked into the garden but returned after a while replying, "I do think other men might cost less!"

No comments:

Post a Comment