Pages

Monday 13 December 2010

13th December

My thanks to Val for yesterdays blog.
I made the most of the better conditions for walking, and took all the dogs a good long walk. Only now do I realise just how exhausting the snowy weather was and how difficult it was slipping and sliding all over the place, but if the forecasts are right it may not be long until we are back there again!
There was one hiccup on the walk with Sandy and Spryte. We had just got halfway across the first field when I saw a man with three Westies coming towards us. I put Sandy back onto the lead, no problems, and walked the other side of the hedgerow until we had passed him, before letting her off again. Once off, she bounded away to the bottom of the field and disappeared. On reaching the bridleway there was still no sign so Spryte and I headed back towards the gate, there is a hill so this took some time. Reaching the top of the hill I could see the man and the Westies at the gate, I could not make out Sandy but by the way they were behaving I guessed she was there! We made our way down and the gentleman kindly brought her back towards me, much to the consternation of the Westies! Once close enough she bounded back when I called and we continued our walk. My thanks to the Westie man.
She went off lead again and bounded around a lot, her recall is good as long as she doesn't get too far ahead, she is beginning to interact with Spryte, though still a little awkwardly.
She is excellent in the garden now, understanding the purpose of our constant visits and running down to the bottom even when it is dark. She plays with a soft football, shaking it until her shoulders are black with mud!
She is quite a bold character,slightly hyper and very fast when she runs, you can see how things started to go wrong in her first home.
We have some good news for Riley, he is going to a home for a trial on Friday. The trial is not so much for him but how he fits into the family. Please think of Sarah who is going to have her hands full for the next few days, we all hope things work out and we are able to bring the best news of a permanent home soon.
I met a lady in Sainsbury's who adopted  a young female from us just over a year ago. It was great to catch up and hear how well things were going, although she is a lively one, drove me bonkers in the short time she was here, and she remains a handful, but much loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment