Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

8th December

I am writing this on Saturday night at the end of a week that has been dominated by the weather, cold, wet and first snow of the winter, also for me my car troubles, now, thankfully, sorted.
To top it all our boiler went wrong yesterday afternoon. We had a night with no hot water and no heating.

Being outside in the cold all day and with arthritis and a stiff back I really do not cope well with a cold house. I took myself off to bed early with a hot water bottle. Saturday morning however was not too bad, feeling positively warm after some days last week and the inside of our house. I am pleased to report that by the time I came home this evening an engineer had called and persuaded the fan to work until next week when he will return to fit a new one.

Things are much easier being back down to three rescue dogs. Thankfully Chloe is now off lead walks and she and Rosie have fun charging around together, they are both high energy girls and require plenty of exercise.
We are working with helping Rosie become quieter in the house. She is better with just me and no' traffic' but in a busy house that is not always possible. This evening I was keen to get the dogs in from the car after a long day. It was quiet so I went out for Rosie by the time we got into the house two of the children were there making themselves hot drinks. I persevered by giving her her dinner only for Dave to walk in. It was too much for Rosie she had to go into her bed. A little later I tried again. She was not very settled picking at her food then running off to play, then someone opened the living room door just as she was next to it and she was in with our dogs much to Sprites disgust.
It was a case of third time lucky as eventually she came out ate all her food and I did some TTouch with her without any interruptions.

I have received two photos of Saffy with her new favourite toy, a glow in the dark ball! I can think of nothing better for her.

People keep asking if there is any news of Boycie and the answer is 'Yes'.
Last week I had a phone message from my RSPCA friend Pat to say she was walking her Labrador in the woods and she met a lady with a Staffie on a lead, as he was not too good with other dogs. It was none other than Chris with Boycie!

 Well done Chris for some excellent responsible ownership and Pat for doing a 'follow up' for me.





Sunday morning we are 'hopefully' being presented with our cheque from Pets At Home. Arrangements are slightly vague but I am heading down there for 11am. Lets hope it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment