Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2012

18th December

Just so you know it can happen to all of us ... Lexus attacked a neighbours Labrador today.

I was on our usual walk with Lex and Khan through the Gunpowder Mills. Khan was on the lead but I had let Lexus off and he was in front of us. A lady came round the corner with her Lab on a lead, Lexus ran straight up to her dog,  ignoring my shouts and just laid right in.
 I asked her to grab him, which she did, while I tried to get close enough to grab him but keep Khan away. She thought I was there and let him go and he turned round and started all over again!!

The lady could not have been kinder, or faster of hand, and seemed remarkably unruffled by the whole incident which is more than could be said for me!
Whether it helped that I had only seen her on Sunday at the carol service and offered her a mince pie (and asked after her dog) I don't know.
Butter wouldn't melt in that toothless mouth ... 
The Labrador is only eight months old and came to them from 'friends' who 'no longer had time for him.' The all too familiar story, the dog has a number of issues, nice of Lexus to add to them!

Is Lexus bad with other dogs? I hear you ask. Should you have been more prepared?  Well, yes, we have always been careful, but never had a real problem, until today.
 We do not usually meet anyone and I had just become complacent, after all he has no teeth and a dodgy hip.
How nicei it must be to be the 'victim' and claim the moral high ground.
 Some people always seem to hang on to victim status whatever the circumstances, 'He was bitten by a German Shepherd as a puppy.' 'Its just fear aggression.'
Well, I could claim none of these things, I was an irresponsible owner.

I don't think the Labrador was harmed. I apologised profusely and also dropped a note through the owners door later.
And as for Lexus, was he repentant? Not at all! On the contrary he thought he had done something marvelous, bounding around and grinning at me for the rest of the walk as if to say, 'I got him, did you see? I may not have any teeth and a dodgy hip, but I've still got it. Did you see Mum? Did you see?'

He will remain on the lead in future.



Update on the Christmas cards.
We have sent some but now run out of stamps, time and will. Cannot carry on or will end up having a 'Christmas Episode,' like Rev in the TV programme of the same name. You may get a card, you may not. You may get one before Christmas, you may not.  But ...  WE WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS.


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Lexus!!!! Just a moments lack of concentration...... most of us have been there, thankfully no damage was done xxx

    ReplyDelete