Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

2nd December

Now very, very cold.

Yesterday Adam and Jude fully adopted Saffy and I had a very lovely visit. Their living room had been changed around yet again and this time a soft, comfy dog bed took pride of place. The crate was gone, they gave it back to me, no longer needed, at last Saffy has her own bed in her own home.





Not only that, they gave us the full adoption fee of £150 (we accept less for older dogs) plus a further £80 towards our funds for the neutering.

I have become rather confused with our total but I think with another £5, donated by some of my pupils for my pink hair, we are up to £215.91 The £150 for Saffy is on top of that and we have just made a transfer from our paypal account  that takes the online donations, of £200 !!!

So I think we can say we have reached our target!       £415.91

Thank you to all who donated.


My car has to go in for work  (hopefully) to get it through its MOT at 8.30am  tomorrow. So all dog crates will need to be removed and all doggies staying at home. It failed its MOT on Friday. It is such an upheaval for me to have to clear it all out and be without it, it is as big a worry as the cost!  So the last few days have been very difficult and I am hoping it is quickly sorted tomorrow. One of the fails is the centre rear seat belt which is 'chewed,' perhaps the rescue could reimburse me. (Only joking)
Anyway in the light of this, this afternoon I endeavoured to give Angel and the three pups as much exercise as possible. Rosie learnt to play ball, eventually getting the hang of bringing it back and sitting before it was thrown again.
Jesse played ball with two balls as he was not good at giving the ball up, but he ignored a walker on the bridleway below and concentrated for a while during some close lead work.
Chloe is still on lead walks but was charging about on the end of the extension lead with no problems, she met the farm Collie and a Collie X
They were all very well behaved which just shows how much easier things are when you are not in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment