Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

9th March

I have done my dogs early tonight, had my bath and I am writing this before I fall asleep, at least I hope that is what happens.
I am feeling particularly tired tonight, birthdays can be tiring as sometimes good things are. Val mentioned I had six ponies but this time last week I only had five. Basil appeared on SOS dog rescue's site, yes you have read it right, needing a good home. He was just what I had been looking for and he joined us on Sunday in that awful weather, not recommended for watching ponies sort out their hierarchy in the field.
Basil
He is gorgeous, but even blessings can be tiring.
Dave has completed his third week in the new job but we still have all the dogs with us so it is a lot for me to cope with.
A family are coming to see Boycie tomorrow so lets hope it works, just homing one of the dogs with us would take the pressure off.
Back to tonight. It is now not necessary for any of the dogs with me to have to go on a lead when they go out for their last pee. They tear through the open gate to the garden, do what they need to do then bound to the back door. I give them a signal or tell them 'Sit,' they immediately obey, staying statue still, then I open the door and they fly in and into their crate and await their bonio.
 In my imagination we are competing in an agility competition, flying through the obstacles to the roar of the crowd the dogs obeying the slightest signal from me.

Of course it is all my fantasy but for the Staffie Agility teams at Crufts on Sunday it is a reality!
These teams were born out of the Stafford Forum and the idea to promote Staffies in a positive light.
Their display will be in the main area  at 1.10pm on Sunday and I understand you can watch it live on 'Youtube.'
Remember we have one of our very own Guildford Staffords, Rhea with Kerry Crick, Kerry's husband is running Neighla her older dog, let wish them all the best and catch it if we can! We are very proud.                      

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday Allison! And good luck to Boycie for tomorrow!! Sally, Simon and Saffy.xxx

    ReplyDelete