Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2012

27th March

Our next stint at Pets at Home Godalming store, starts this Friday 30th March 10am/4pm




Have just replied to three emails and three phone messages about re-homing dogs. I am afraid we have refused them all. We certainly have no room to take any in and no resources to offer rescue backup to any on the website.
HOWEVER, lots of positives.
We have some fantasticastic photos of the walk, I had to drag myself away from them to do some work.
Also a well known dog magazine asking for input on an article about re-branding  Staffies as they had seen about our walk!

I think I failed to mention that the Reverend David Oakden joined us at the end of the walk with that disreputable rogue Lexus.
Maybe it was all too much for Lex as that night our eldest daughter Sara was making her way from the bathroom (downstairs) to bed. Lexus looked at her 'with his bear face,' and followed her upstairs. The girls then heard a noise outside their bedroom door.'It's Lexus,' stated Sara ' he followed me.' Jessie went out to check, no sign, then she saw him going down the stairs,' Oops! Oh no!' Poor chap had been trying to tell them something, now it was too late he just couldn't hold it any longer! All down the stairs, all over the hall. His exhausted master was not amused!

Angel too has caused a stir.
I was on the phone to my horse vet. It was quite an involved and tricky conversation and I was being a demanding client,(it happens!)
We had reached the point where the vet was expounding advice, which was good, but I was required to just murmur agreement every now and then. I was stroking Angel, and she chose that moment to do her deep growl, which we have learned is friendly but which can be disconcerting if you aren't used to it. The voice on the other end of the phone fell suddenly silent. 'Oh that's my dog,' I said quickly, realising she thought it was ME growling in disapproval at what she was saying! Mind you she did go back and double check for me, maybe I should growl down the phone more often.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure who looks smarter, the reverend or the rogue. Always great to see pics of that dog!

    ReplyDelete