Pages

Friday 2 December 2011

2nd December

Bullies in Need Christmas Fund Raiser  Sunday 4th December 10am start at Milford Village Hall, nr Godalming.  We will have a stall there.

Yesterday my car went in for its MOT and Dave was on a course so I had an entire day at home, very different from usual and certainly different from Monday and Tuesday when I spent most of the day driving.
I thought I would get plenty done but most of the day was spent walking dogs and we had the Forth bridge scenario again in that by the time I did the last one it was time to take the first ones out again.
Despite this I managed to wash my kitchen floor but all to no avail when it started raining as by the end of the day it was black again!
My car returned in the evening with a new MOT certificate and an affordable amount to pay, hurrah!


Tara on the rucksack. The mark on her nose is where she has bitten at the kennel (now healing)
 Tara.
We had to collect Tara from the kennels on Saturday evening as she had demolished half the kennel and they had nowhere secure for her to stay.
We didnt know then how she would settle but a week on she is doing well.
She still prefers not to be crated and still curls up on the rucksack by the shoes when out in the kitchen. However, she will go into her crate and settle especially if she has had some time out first.
She does get upset by the unavoidable movement of other dogs and when we go out. She mainly makes silly noises but will also bite the wire of the crate and some how lift the whole thing up so it makes a thumping noise, which was what she must have done in kennels.
She enjoys a walk and is good off lead with excellent recall.
She is pretty grumpy with the other dogs.
Today I left her loose in the kitchen and went out for a while. Although she doesn't like you going, and greets you with enthusiasm when you return she does settle.
I am going to put an advert in the local paper for her.

Today Steven helped me walk dogs and Chance had the best run he has ever had with Spryte and Khan. He really stretched out.
Afterwards we walked Tara and Lexus which was so funny and so easy after the hooligans we are used to.
After walking them side by side we let one off then the other then both off at the same time. Tara loved him running really fast for the first time and trying to get him to play!

It was definitely the highlight of what has proved to be not just busy, but a very stressful week for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment