Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

28th November

Thanks Val for yesterdays blog (one of the most popular ever) and for pleading our cause but especially for spending yourself on behalf of Fleur and getting a very deserving dog into a loving home.
It is so satisfying when an abandoned unwanted dog suddenly finds love and they become transformed before your eyes from an ugly mongrel into an adored pet.
This has happened for Smudge. Once she was the most unwanted puppy in the world , now a family are counting down the days until she comes to their home.

David did some work with Kye and again instead of seeing an unruly monster we saw  a handsome intelligent pup.
David has promised to work with him and so we now feel able to take him on and home him ourselves instead of waiting for a space in another rescue as we were doing.
There are some people who have a gift for seeing a dogs potential and in turn helping me to see the dog differently and Sandi and Sam Keen are two who have this gift and who have been very supportive at all our latest events.

On Sunday I arrived at David's clinic about 12.30 Apparently it had been non stop all morning. Melissa brought Bullseye along now looking sleek and handsome and Julie demonstrated obedience exercises with her Collie.
Despite this people did not seem to grasp the need to donate and  a somewhat disappointing £13 was raised.
Never mind, Smudge found a potential home so it all  seemed worthwhile!

I am glad every day is not as manic as the last two days have been. Just listen to all I did on Monday.

After taking all the dogs down the garden and feeding them I then took my daughter to college for 9.15am On board were Kye, Chance and Tara.
Dave (my husband ) was on a government training course all day, so Tara came with me as we still dont like to leave her with no-one at home, Kye was going to the vets for his kennel cough vaccine prior to going into kennels.
After the vets we went to the farm to bring the ponies in and each dog had a walk.
It was then I noticed Chance's neutering scar looked red and inflamed. Phone call to vet. It was agreed to take him at the same time as Sandy in the afternoon.
Then we returned home and Kye and Chance went in and Angel and Jade went into the car after a trip down the garden. Then I took Spryte and Khan and Lexus down the garden.
I was waiting for Kye's vaccinnation certificate to come in the post but despite the post being there the certificate was not. A couple of phone calls revealed the certificate was still with the previous owner but as this was close to the kennels I arranged to collect it prior to dropping him off.
Next I drove to the bank and met up with my daughter, then a quick visit to Sainsburys to buy Chinese for my son Sam's birthday dinner ( oh yes I forgot to mention it was Sam's birthday, 14 ) then we filled up with petrol before meeting David and Smudge at Pets at Home.
Smudge on board we went back and turned the ponies out also giving Angel and Jade a run.
Then home where Tara was dropped off (as Jessie could now dog sit her ) Angel was replaced by Kye and Chance in the car.
Then I took Khan and Spryte a walk while Jessie made me some toast and took Lexus down the garden.
When I returned from the walk Dave was home, paperwork was not in order so the afternoon course was cancelled!
Then we left to take Kye to kennels picking up his vaccination certificate on the way.
The plan was to drop Kye off and collect Sandy to take her to the vets for her booster and return her to kennels before 5pm when they close. As it was 4.20pm (the time of her vet app ) when I collected Kye's certificate we could see there needed to be a change of plan.
Kye and certificate were dropped to the kennels. Phone call to vet changed Sandy's app to following day but decided to still take Chance and wait for slot for him to be seen.
Peering into the car at this point and seeing a brindle face staring back at me, even I was beginning to get confused who it was.
Dark, rush hour drive across Guildford to vet. Chance given course of antibiotics.
Drive home, feed dogs whilst preparing birthday meal. Dave has his early and leaves for college.
Eventually we eat, Happy Birthday Sam.......now only phone calls to make and maybe write the blog....

1 comment:

  1. Wow Alison a day in the life of you makes me exhausted just reading it. Oh for a time lapse camera set-up and a competition for who opens and shuts their car doors most in one day, I am sure you would beat a London Cabbie!

    Great news for Smudge and her new home and for Kye who will get some ongoing training and will turn into a beautiful dog; he is already stunning to look at.

    In amongst all that, birthday tea preparations for Sam – Happy Belated Birthday Sam!

    ReplyDelete