Pages

Friday 25 November 2011

25th November

Well what a day!
From finding a Staffie puppy running in the road when I pulled out of the drive from my ponies, to a German Wire Haired Pointer still missing after running off last night, and everything in between!
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the puppy. A young man grabbed her and I jumped out of my car and joined him. She was tagged and he rang the number. It turned out she belonged to the gardener from the house opposite whom I know as he has an older Stafford. Someone had left the electric gates open and she ran out and into the road stopping the traffic. Fortunately she survived, but bad call mate!

Returning from the walk with Steven, Khan, Spryte and Sandy I received a call from a friend to say there was a discussion on the Jeremy Vine Show on Radio 2 about did Staffies deserve their bad reputation. I hurried back nearly bringing on a heart attack, after contacting Val who was herself rushing from a job to join her daughter who had gone into labour whilst shopping in Croydon.
I heard most of the debate and thought it very balanced. Lesley Mcfayden from East Anglian SBT club and part of our forum spoke very well even mentioning the Stafford agility team (of which Rhea and Kerry are part) and National SBT Day.
There was an unfortunate comment from a lady from another rescue who tried to give out her web address!
I missed some negative comments about all Staffie owners being morons, I will listen again. Owners are posting positive Staffie pictures on Radio 2's facebook page. I have put on some photos of the walk.
There is an article in the telegraph, something on BBc Kent, the message is getting out there.

Val's daughter gave birth to a baby girl after a textbook delivery at 3.30pm Our congratulations to Mum and Grandparents.

Then news from Sam that a Pointer had gone missing from a neighbour at the ponies.

Sadly only one of our 3 homes came to fruition and that is for Fleur who should go to her new home on Sunday, we are pleased but it does not alleviate the situation here.

Our plan is to change Sandy and Tara over on Monday. Kye will also go into kennels unless something else has come up for him.
Smudge comes back Monday for a week.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Alison. Although after looking after our grandson whilst Nicola remained in hospital for the night, Stuart and I both agree we would rather have dogs than children!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison , Klaus came home this morning!! sorry, completly forgot to text you! See you tomorrow

    Sam and roxy xx

    ReplyDelete