Pages

Sunday 11 December 2011

10th December

I'm back! And....we made it into the Surrey Advertiser. Not just the ad for Tara but a piece about the Stafford Walk. It really is a very positive write up, I will scan it,when time and energy allows, so that you can see it. I only wrote some of it the rest they have taken from the website but as these things go it is fairly accurate and I am very pleased, I lurve a bit of media coverage.


Angel with Jess on her summer holiday.
 So Val took in that puppy after all. Apparently the other lady went to look at her and said she was too small, so they rang Val and took her straight round.
Val was having a very busy day attending her grandson's school Christmas performance, among other things, so, as often is the way, it was not the best time to take in a puppy, but she did it anyway and we are very grateful to her.
Her day continued to be busy and the pup 'challenging', so for the moment we have swapped roles and I am the one enjoying a quiet night with Tara snoozing on the floor next to me.
More info and photos when Val gets a chance....


'Please like me Jess?'
 Walking Tara and Lexus together remained the highlight of last week. They really seemed like they had been together for ever. Lexus would take his tennis ball and Tara run madly round in circles in the field occasionally barking, so good to see her  happy. (She is snoring beside me now.)
At one point Tara stopped to squat and then shot off full pelt, at the same time Lexus had dropped his ball by my foot and left his nose there in anticipation of my kicking the ball, only problem, Tara was on the extending lead rapidly hurtling to its full length. If I stepped forward I would have tripped over Lexus' nose and gone flying. I did a sort of lurch with my upper body and let the lead go, averting disaster, but who said these two oldies were a nice safe walk!

Work in the garden continues.
My neighbour felt too exposed with the trees cut down so has had panel fencing erected at the top of the garden (very smart and secure for us.) It meant moving the dismantled kennel I have had lying there for years. So on Friday Steven moved it to the bottom of the garden for me, while I cut back an aggressive shrub rose and laid two bags of bark down so the dogs have a dry area near the top of the garden for their toilet. It took far longer than expected but I am very pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment