Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2011

27th September

We need still need to home Jade,Sapphire, Boycie,Angel or Sandy to give us space to get Peppa our little deaf girl out of kennels.
This is urgent as she is very stressed.
Even if you can just foster temporarily it would help.


Boycie needs a home
 Also funds needed as we are stretched to the limit.


Spent the afternoon lost in West Sussex.
We had a homecheck for Buster at Shoreham. Disliking venturing so far on my own I persuaded Dave to come with me by suggesting fish & chips on the beach,with him paying of course. Normally we would have taken his car but it was having it's MOT so we went in mine taking Jade and Angel and myself at the wheel.
This proved to be a mistake as I am an erratic driver, with strong hesitation tendencies and more interest in the scenery than the road. (Apparently!)
Plus I kept getting texts which Dave was required to read and reply to, thus making him dizzy and nauseous and confounded by predictive text.
Also we missed two turns directed by the satnav because we were debating my driving skills or lack of.

Homecheck over we headed for the beach, due to commitments in the morning we had left late it was now 2.30pm and we were hungry.
We found a reasonable beach with easy parking but no fish & chips. Dave walked off to find food and I tried to get dogs onto beach. I couldn't take both out together and when I took one out the other barked and I couldn't go far away because the windows were all open (it was by now a beautiful afternoon)
Didn't need to worry as there was Dave returning, empty handed.

Stressed dogs, no food, a million things to do at home including walking all the other dogs we got underway.
We trusted ourselves to the satnav even though it seemed to be taking us an odd route.
If we passed somewhere doing food we would stop.
Suddenly the satnav directed us to turn right although the main road stretched ahead and this seemed to be a lane, then we saw the sign for Tea rooms (was the satnav providing us with a place to eat as well as taking us home?)
We turned into a beautiful spot with a stream with ducks and behind geese,chickens, collies and a pretty pony.
Jade began to bark so I stayed with her while Dave checked it out. A good selection. We went to order keeping an eye on the car. I spotted a mediteranean vegetable pudding, that sounded good, the dogs started up again,'I'll have that.' I said as I rushed back to the car. Dave was just ordering all day breakfast but they said they didn't do fried food after 2.30, he settled for poached egg on toast!
I got Angel out of the car, by now she was very wound up.
Dave called when the food arrived.

Dolly on the beach, as no photos from today!
 I had a huge plateful of Pudding, mashed potatoes, carrots ,cabbage and peas!

So that's how we came to be sitting in a tearoom garden on a warm September afternoon somewhere in West Sussex surrounded by elderly people, and mothers with children enjoying tea and carrot cake, whilst I ploughed my way through pudding, mash and three veg as fast as possible to return to stressed dogs!

Eventually got home to wound up dogs needing walks, a son who had left his P.E. kit (including new trainers) on the bus and an answerphone full of messages, ponies to turn out and a daughter to collect.
Lets hope it was worth it.

The life of dog rescue may be many things, but dull is not one of them.

1 comment:

  1. This is FAR more exciting than the Archers whom BRENDA BELIEVES THEY ARE REAL PEOPLE) but how many of us have had to starve because of the dogs.
    However, we got to The Hive at Burton Bradstock, Dorset where the sea food is sublime, affordable and very dog friendly. Its basically a tent on the beach, but well worth noting if you're holidaying that way.

    ReplyDelete