Pages

Monday 19 September 2011

19th September

Breaking news.............  Boycie has been neutered, at last! He is a bit sore and reeks of anaesthetic, he had two little walks at the ponies (just down the road from the vets) but he is really very bad in the car and was dribbling on the way home, he was sick on the journey over there this morning, despite having eaten nothing since early evening the day before, so I have not dared give him anything to eat yet, not even the tin of sensitivity control, he is unusually quiet so probably a good move.

Lexus, you will be pleased to hear, is improving but has more antibiotics just to make sure, and keep us poor! (That rhymes! Not intentional.)

David Egan has agreed to come and assess Angel and we plan to take photos and cover it on the blog.

Rang owners of 6 month old pup in Guildford and guess what? No answer! Left message and guess what? No-one rang back! Checked number in case I had rung wrong number and guess what? It was the right number.
 Perhaps they will ring tomorrow, they sounded so desperate when they called last week..........I have been thinking about that puppy all weekend.


Had a call for funding last week for a 7 year old male dog called Bronson in Redhill who needed a growth removed from his mouth.
This is SBT Welfares department. The dog has to be a true Stafford for them to provide funding. This is because Welfare originated from the SBT breed clubs and they were the people who donated the money.
They no longer insist on the dog having KC papers, as so few have these days, but it must look like a pure Stafford and they like evidence to prove that.
So I set off with my camera only realising when I was the other side of Dorking that I was thinking of Reigate as Redhill! Too late by then and not much further.
On arriving I discovered he was a grumpy old so and so, glad we were not being asked to rehome him! His owner had to take most of the photos as he didn't like the camera, or me very much, but I was pleased to see he was a full Stafford. His owner is struggling with a number of things and her dog is her life.
Welfare agreed to pay the full amount and he will have his operation this week. Great news!
Guildford are paying for him to be neutered at the same time, poor chap he will be sore both ends!

I feel very strongly about neutering Staffords. Recently I have neutered any dog when requested and would like to launch a free neutering scheme but it would be hard to stay within the perimeters of Welfare regarding full Staffords, so I am not able to start this idea yet, we may have to have separate funding for such a scheme.
Can I ask you if you would be happy to support such a scheme? Feed back please.

I am adding this to yesterdays blog at 2pm.
What I meant to ask is how do you feel about money you have already given to GDSBTR being used for neutering? I am aware it is your money, is this how you want it spent?
Also, I have spoken to David Egan and he would very much like some feed back about his article. Is there anyone out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment