Pages

Thursday 1 September 2011

1st September


Peppa, she looks very like the infamous Piglet
 Took in Peppa today, she will be staying in Spangleberry kennels until we have a foster place or home for her. She is a sweetie.
It was a glorious day, driving over to see her I felt a little nervous. You have to find the place, speak with people you have never met, assess the dog and make quick decisions, it is pretty daunting and not for everyone.
Nerves apart I also felt sad, sad for the dog, if I agreed to take her, she would not understand what was happening to her.
First impressions were good. She was small and well behaved, though shut out of the house in the garden.
We are quick to condemn the people handing their dogs in but this young couple were both working, he was a postman. The house had belonged to his parents, his father had died and now the house was sold and the mother already moved. They had a 21/2 year old daughter and to get anything decent they had opted for a council house where dogs were not allowed. Could you really judge them for that?
They had bought Peppa for their daughter on her second birthday (maybe not the best move) and she had called her Peppa after Peppa Pig. The girl did not walk her as she said she was too strong but the chap and the little girl were obviously very fond of her. The following moments when I took her away were heartbreaking....They say men rarely cry but since I started the rescue seeing "grown men" crying has been a regular occurrence.
I stopped feeling sad for Peppa as she seemed fairly unperturbed by the whole adventure, although she threw up twice in the back of my car, she is not used to cars.
I took her to Spangleberry only to get a vet appointment for her kennel cough vaccine that afternoon so she had to come with me for the afternoon and be dropped back to the kennels later.
Unfortunately it involved a lot of driving around, she was very good apart from the vomiting!

With all the driving about I did not finish Sandy and Boycie's walk until 8.30pm with phone calls still to answer!
Due to a technical hitch I cannot put any of the dogs onto the website at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment