Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2011

12th September

Lexus is off to the vet in the morning with sore paws!
He has been licking his front paws for a while (making all the cushions on the sofa wet!) On Friday morning he could barely hobble down the garden. As I was going to the vets anyway with Spryte and Boycie for vaccinations I enquired as to whether they had any free appointments in the evening,they didn't.
 I stepped outside and rang hubby to ask his movements for Saturday. He was not impressed saying he hadn't realised I was going to make an appointment and wasn't I fussing unecessarily?
 Despite there being three available slots on Saturday I said we would leave it.
Once home  on seeing the wounded hero I changed my mind and rang them back. The appointments had gone but they may be able to fit us in, else it was Monday. I described his symptoms and asked their opinion. This is a woman who is at the vets or on the phone to them about something or other most days,now turned into a jibbering indecisive wreck because this was 'MY' dog.
Then the nurse asked gently, 'How is he in himself?' 'Well,' I mumbled, 'He's fine.' Thinking, hang on, this is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier we are talking about, of course he's fine! He cannot put his paw to the ground but that doesn't stop him rummaging in the bushes for windfalls or doing his pre breakfast launch from behind the counter barking wildly and upsetting all the rescue dogs!
 My old dog, Joshua, jumped out of the car and nailed a young male Staff when he could barely stand two seconds before!
 Of course he was ok in himself but that is because Staffs are 5% body and 95% spirit!

So, Lexus is off to the vets tomorrow. Jane said don't give him breakfast, 'JUST IN CASE..!'

1 comment:

  1. Poor Lexus!! Hope his paws get better soon!
    Hope Boycie's tum is better too!
    Saffy.xx

    ReplyDelete