Pages

Friday 29 April 2011

28th April


Charlie
 There is no way this is going out on 28th and it will now be on that very important date but this is the blog for Thursday 28th April.
My day changed course around 10 am when I answered the phone to a girl needing to rehome a dog she had taken from a man who was crating it for days at a time. She had had the dog neutered but could no longer cope as she had an English Bull Terrier bitch of her own. The dog was 10 months old and supposed to be a Staffie x Mastiff but she said he was small.I asked her where she was and she replied Godalming near the college. Well as I was about to take my daughter there I said I would have a look although I explained I couldn't help with a cross.
When I got there the dog was a cross but quite small and certainly not menacing. It was also obvious the girl was not coping as the dogs were bouncing off each other and it was chaos.
I was about to leave promising I would contact other rescues when I decided to try Glenn there and then.
Glenn offered to take him, only problem I had no space in the car as I had brought three dogs with me!
I nipped into Godalming to get my bunting then quickly to the ponies, no chance to ride as planned but quickly home to drop off a dog then back to pick up daughter and back to collect the little dog,  "Charlie" and take him to Glenn.
Once home time to walk Sandy then off to my son's parents evening.........a mad evening followed eventually feeding everyone around 9.30pm
So a little dog is taken out and given the chance of a new home but I have nothing to show for it at all, nobody would even know if I had not shared it with you, yet it took all day and all my other plans went by the way.
Worse was to follow on receiving an email about one of our dogs who has now been in a home for over two years but whom they now want to rehome due to her behaviour. This was one of our successes, at least we thought......this rescue lark is a thankless task indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment