Pages

Sunday 3 April 2011

3rd April

Still felt unwell yesterday (Saturday) so took myself off to bed early. Managed a lie in, but not the hoped for mother's day cup of tea in bed, but in all had ten hours sleep. So it was I arrived blinking in the sunshine in the garden with the first dogs this morning, amazed, yet again, by nature's ability to renew herself, and the miracle that is spring. Even my garden has flowers and buds and is bursting with new life.


Trina

One of the most obvious signs is the grass growing and all the dogs are seeking it out and "grazing."
I know some owners stop their dogs from eating grass but I believe the dogs know what is good for them. As well as grass they eat Cleavers(Goose Grass) which I know is good for horses, Lexus eats Ground Elder, favouring the flower heads, rather than the leaves. They all seem to react differently too, some immediately bring it back up, some, annoyingly, wait till they get home.Some let it pass through, and Sapphire, if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it, passes it straight through her in minutes, an instant clear out!

I am feeling rather negative about things at the moment so I am going to do a "Pollyanna" list of positives we have going on.

1. Sandy is now used to the car and is no longer sick.
2.Cleo's leg is improving, she is settled and well and looking after her for her rehab is something we can do easily and well.
3.The offer from Lush to hold a presentation in their store, even if it is, as someone said, not a natural synergy, between Staffords and soap!
4. We have almost reached our target for Cleo's op.
5. My dog poo pit is  working.


No comments:

Post a Comment