Pages

Friday 15 April 2011

15th April

My neighbour remarked how quiet it was everywhere and she is right! I think lots of people have gone away this week. It has been an easier week for me as there is no college run so we don't have to leave the house at 8.15 am each morning. This also means we could have a bit longer in bed but our dogs have other ideas!
Our three dogs sleep in the room below our bedroom, Lexus is crated at night else he raids the kitchen bin! They must hear us stir, ever so slightly, as lately Khan and Spryte get up which starts Lexus making his silly noises, sounds like a goat, which makes Sandy start up a loud persistent bark. All this at 7am! It is not fair on anyone, not on us, not on the rest of the family or the neighbours. Yesterday I decided I had had enough. I took my un drunk glass of water from beside the bed and gave everyone a face full. They were much better this morning so hopefully it has worked.

Sandy is often slow clearing her food so I put her bowl in her crate so she can finish it. Last night I did this and then opened the door to the lounge and started preparing dinner. Lexus proceeded to pad through and to clear up any spare food Sandy had dropped outside her crate. She then finished what was in her bowl. I was amazed how patient she was with him as he continued snuffling and scratching around, their noses almost touching, it was him who snapped, she was as good as gold.

Thanks to Sandi for bringing us some salmon pouches of Fish For Dogs food. They absolutely love it, great for disguising medicine, all have been wormed today.



Some photos of that retrobate enjoying a dip in the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment