Pages

Monday 25 April 2011

Easter Monday

The day began taking Lexus and Spryte down the garden, we were not rudely awakened as they seem to have adjusted to our moderate "lie in." Dave took Khan for a walk to the river as he needs a walk to do all he should, a legacy from his early life which he has never outgrown.
We go back inside for breakfast, Lexus does his usual performance of launching himself across the kitchen and barking, he seems to be getting worse not better and now makes his extraordinary noises even when you stand in front of him and tell him to sit!
Khan and Dave return and khan is fed. Our three dogs then retire to the lounge with Dave and his breakfast.
Next I take Cleo, still on the lead but only another week until she can go off in the garden and another three weeks and she can go back to Paul. I take her up the footpath to exercise her leg and observe with joy her using her bad leg and trotting normally.Once indoors she has her breakfast and then rests.
Next is Sandy, she grabs a ball but then drops it, she needs no distractions, even without the ball she does not run to the bottom of the garden as she used to, I call her and she then goes to the bottom of the garden and begins to run in circles. I can picture her in the flat as a puppy, no routine instilled, at the mercy of her body, not really knowing when to toilet but being unable to stop. I wonder if they started out training her when she was tiny and if it all became too much, or if she was never taught. The mad circling is puppy behaviour. When she "goes" she does both together. I praise her and clear it up and let her play with the ball for a while. It is Bank Holiday, no need to rush, tomorrow will be another story.
She has her breakfast, she is always keener to eat in the morning I wonder if that is something to do with her past too.
Next is Sapphire, she scoops up the ball left by Sandy, she is another I have learnt needs no distractions until she has done all she should, but I need not to have worried. I hurry her back in,she will come with me to the stables shortly.
Last is Jade, we always keep to the same routine. Jade is the most straightforward not even needing a lead. I pause for a while in the garden. The morning is dazzling, perfect yet again. I can see, with my own and my neighbours, four different shades of Lilac. I breathe in the scent, then back indoors for breakfast for Jade and myself!
Let the day begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment