Pages

Thursday 22 November 2012

22nd November


I was glad not to be teaching today as I hate teaching (riding) in the wind.
Adam and Saffy in reflective mood.

. I had some time this morning so after giving the dogs a good walk I did some training with Jesse and Rosie, at least I attempted to.
First with Jesse who had had a decent off lead run and play. We tried to do some close lead work in the sand school but I just couldn't get him to concentrate, he had his nose on the ground and kept picking up the bits of twigs that had fallen from the Oak tree. He was good with his sit and stays but the lead work, forget it!
Later I tried Rosie. She was not much better plus she could smell where he had been and so was behaving in much the same way he had. Talk about one step forward two back, eventually I gave up to try again another day. It seems it is not just horses who are upset by the wind.

Yet again ran out of daylight and made the mistake, trying to save time, of walking Jesse and Rosie together, another no no, ended up taking Jesse back and walking him on his own afterwards.
Think I am getting too old for these puppies, there is a lot to be said for an older dog.

I have heard from Christine and Boycie is still thoroughly enjoying life in his new home.

Gosh it is an awful night! Wind and rain hammering on the windows. I wonder what we shall find in the morning. Think we will have to fore-go dogs usual last trip down the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment