Pages

Monday 30 April 2012

30th April

Believing the forecast that it was going to remain dry on Saturday, I soldiered on thinking it would stop soon, but it didn't stop, it got worse and the rain was joined by a cold wind, but if we thought that was bad it was nothing compared to last night and today!
Tara by the flood water.

The young dogs bounded out of their beds this morning only to apply their breaks on the doorstep and teeter on the top step. The older ones like Saff and Tara were wiser knowing what the cold blast coming in from the door meant, they snuggled deeper in their beds.
I took Boycie, Angel and Chance to the ponies and let them run off some of that youthful enthusiasm chasing the ball in the rain.
It was very satisfying to bring the ponies in and leave them pulling on hay in the stable or shelter of the yard.

I was struggling however, after being out in the rain for nine hours on Saturday my back had seized up so once home I did some long overdue paperwork.
Two oldies on the path.
 I didn't do everything I intended to do of course but things are more sorted, and the lead for the phone/computer found so I can share the pics from Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment