Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

25th April

What a day! The rain was really 'Something else!' Everybody has their own story to tell about it. Mine is that it was lifting the manhole covers and the road was disintegrating in front of us when I took my daughter to college in Godalming this morning. I was due to ride out but instead we cleared the drains in the yard!
Now a tree has fallen blocking the drive to the farm..
All this and we are of course officially in drought, inspiring comments such as 'Wettest drought ever.'
Monty
It would be a great Tabloid picture to have people standing in the pouring rain collecting their water from a stand pipe!

Good to hear Gareth and Monty walk seven miles come rain or shine I am sure you put the rest of us to shame.
I have to admit I gave up today on trying to walk everyone, all of them got something at some point in the day but it is hard to keep everyone happy, back to the Forth Bridge scenario!

I don't always mention it but the phone calls/emails continue with at least one request a day to take in a dog.
Today I had a call from a girl. She had a four year old dog. They had only owned him for 4/5 months. they had bought him from an advert on Gumtree. The problem they were having was that they had been told he was housetrained but he wasn't and he was ruining the carpet!
 We could not help. She did not seem as if she was open to advice so I gave her a couple of other numbers to try, though I doubt they would be any good. I probed a little deeper and asked about their situation, did they have a garden?' Oh no'  she answered 'But we have a balcony!' Quickly adding 'The people we got him from had a balcony as well ... '

We have received another donation of £25 from Pets In Practise http://www.petsinpractise.co.uk/http:/  for which we are very grateful.

It was good to close the door on that weather tonight, though it had stopped raining, at last.
Dogs all snoring in their beds now.

Tomorrow is another day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment