Pages

Saturday 1 October 2011

1st October

Dog walk, Friday, with Steven.
Well I think some of you must have been praying!
I was pretty down when I wrote my last blog on Thursday, and even worse yesterday so didn't write at all BUT we have had some encouragement!
The first was an email from Welfare saying the Kennel Club had offered putting one of our hardest to rehome on their facebook page. I immediately thought SANDY!
Valerie has emailed details across today and hopefully Sandy will be on there soon. Apparently a German Shepherd was on and has now found a wonderful home.

Then this evening when I got in there were two phone messages, the second the usual, a 5 year old male, owner having housing problems,  I spoke to chaps mother, he was heading back to London, dog in Bognor! Lets hope he was on the beach!
The first the lady just asked me to ring her back and gave me the number then adding, 'O, you will need the code.' and then telling me the code separately. Which is very unusual these days, you must admit.
 It turns out there is a reason for this, she is in/on Orkney!
 And, listen to this Gareth, she is interested in Sapphire!!
It sounds a wonderful home but we have to check with Scottish rescue, as it would be wrong to steal one of their homes, but still encouraging.

Earlier today, when out on a ride with one of my pupils I met two gentleman with an English Bull Terrier and a lovely brindle and white Stafford. They had recently adopted the Stafford, Grace, from Battersea Old Windsor and were on a walk but lived in Woking. They had originally looked at male Staffords but Dottie the EBT was too laid back and the males kept jumping on her so Battersea suggested Grace although not their normal practise to home two females together and it had been a success.
It was lovely to see two beautiful dogs with responsible owners and a happy rescue story.


Dottie and Grace.

Can't wait to bring Peppa out of kennels tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Oh! what good news it could and should be for these two lovely dogs. Sapphire, barking in Orcadian and Sandy finally making it to a home of her own. We thought of them both this morning, as we do. I do hope things work out for them both they - and you Alison, richly deserve it.

    ReplyDelete