Pages

Tuesday 18 October 2011

18th October

We will be at Pets at Home Godalming store again tomorrow Wednesday 19th October  10am/4pm
David and Helen from 'Living with Wolves' will also be there to give out advice and work with Angel.

A good first day at P at H for their 'Support Adoption' week. Jade, Sapphire and Peppa came with me. Peppa did very well though she was a little 'green' and could only cope with short spells on duty but she is still very young. All the staff at the store thought she was adorable and one girl said she thought Peppa must be the deaf dog as she had seen me 'signing!' That was a great compliment as I have just treated her as I do the others but reminding myself she cannot hear.
No helpers materialised and I did find it quite hard going, I saw one or two people I knew but if they are not from the 'Doggy' part of my life that is not always very helpful. I sold nearly 30 raffle tickets and some people just gave without buying a ticket.
It became obvious we needed flyers for the Stafford Walk to give out to any Stafford owners so we have printed some this evening for the rest of the week.
Sitting there did give me chance to observe things and one of the things I noted was there is no correlation between people and the cars they drive and cars are definitely status symbols in this part of Surrey and not dogs!
The people interested in Sapphire have rung to say they have decided against taking her which I think is wise, however, a lady today is one who liked Sapphire when she saw her over a year ago when we were collecting. She used to have a Staffie x and has horses but refused because she works full time. Sandi Beeton-Caird was with me and I remember she tried to point out the alternative for Saff and how much more she would get with the lady than at present. I reiterated this again today as I have often wished I had her number to tell her Saff was still with me, she said she would speak to her husband (usually the kiss of death) but let's hope.....
Peppa's new family are collecting her lunchtime on Saturday and looking forward to settling her in over half term week.

No comments:

Post a Comment