Pages

Sunday 2 October 2011

2nd October


Saffy
 Another morning to rival an Archers episode!
When I said yesterday I couldn't wait to bring Peppa out of kennels I nearly added that I would find it hard letting Boycie go but this morning he woke me with loud barking when I could have had the first lie in for two weeks. I presume Khan wandered through to the kitchen and disturbed him. Poor Khan due to the first months of his life he knows he needs to go down the garden but he doesn't quite connect up why and really needs a walk to remember what he is supposed to do. So having been dragged from my bed there followed a frustrating rigmarole of visiting the garden several times before Khan eventually realised why we were there, by which time it was not worth returning to bed.

Dave was preaching and presiding at our church, our vicar being away but Boss vicar being drafted in to keep an eye, creating more pressure on what had already proved a difficult sermon.
It was my turn to do coffee but not sure whether I was leading the prayers too as the lady doing the reading might also be expecting to do the prayers. I was conscious of needing a quick get away to see Boycie off with Sally and Simon and then get to the kennels before they closed at 12.30.
Having spent half the night on the phone to Orkney, I quickly strung some prayers together, hardly inspired, and dashed over to bring my ponies in.
I arrived at church as they were singing the first hymn, no idea whether I was doing the prayers or not and had to sit at the front as no other spaces so couldn't see if the lady in question had notes with her.
When she stood up to read I caught Dave's eye and he gesticulated, non too subtly, that she was in fact doing them, causing a few raised eyebrows among the members of the congregation still awake!
I could then relax and Dave preached a good sermon despite the pressure and the heat!

It was great to see Sally, Simon and Saffy. They have done wonders with Saffy, she was a very damaged little dog and could so easily have ended up in the wrong home because she looked so beautiful. I shall never forget when I asked Simon if they were sure and he said 'Yes.' They wanted one they could help like her. Well they have done a brilliant job.
Boycie and Saffy seemed fine. Stage one completed.

The kennels hung on for me remaining open an extra 20 mins (thank you)
Sandy went off happily enough and Peppa came out and had a long walk at the ponies while I tuned in to the fact she couldn't hear and comunicated in other ways.
She really is a  sweetie and it all went very well. At home she had a few problems knocking over water bowls 3 times, I was constantly mopping up. She is now sleeping on her back snoring!

I picked up Marley on Friday afternoon and took him to Glenn. He seems a nice dog (big head) and Glenn thought he would be fine.
It was so hot and the whole experience so discouraging I did temporarily lose the plot, also managed to lose a collar, but it is tagged so meets the legal requirements and may turn up!


Marley
 Have spoken to John Laker about home for Sapphire and he is happy to go ahead. The lady is speaking with her husband and will contact me tomorrow.
I so want it to happen I can't bear it, thank you Gareth for your lovely comment and all of you for your loyal support. Lets hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment