Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

14th August

I don't thnk I ever got round to telling you that it became impossible to walk across the rapeseed field because it was so tangled. Our walks had to change but because Sandy is so improved we were able to do a loop below the Chantries with no mishaps. Now the rapeseed has been harvested making it easier to see if anyone is coming and enabling us to walk across the fields should we choose.
I vary my walks according to the dogs I have in and the seasons.(The seasons, not their seasons! Sorry couldn't resist. )
Angel is happy to play ball at the moment ( she is not interested when she is not settled ) so she can have a good run playing ball in the field at the ponies.

Cedric
 When we returned from holiday next doors plum tree had dropped plums in our garden, a hazard for wasps, and the dogs eat them! Lexus in particular has to be dragged away,one can imagine the result if he eats too many!
Another seasonal happening is a spider who spins his web between the garage and the garden gate.
Each night when I take the dogs down the garden last thing, there he is in the centre of his web breasting the breeze like a galleon in sail. Each morning he is gone and often so is his web. At first I thought it was us crashing through but now I see even if the web remains, Cedric, as we shall call him, is gone, but each night he is back again.
I am not adverse to spiders as many are, neither am I phobic, about the only phobia I don't have! But I would not say I like them but he (probably she) is very attractive, a brindle!
So I have learnt how it works, web and hunting all night, hiding and sleeping all day new web spun afresh each evening and manned throughout the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment